- Websites are provided as a forum for community conversation. Be respectful of others, especially when disagreeing with others. Be courteous to everyone - even those whose opinions you may disagree with. We encourage healthy debate, but please express your opinion about a person’s ideas, not about them personally.
- Abstain from defamatory speech. Personal remarks about other members, including negative remarks about their age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, intelligence, character, appearance, health, mental health, education, or any other personal characteristic are not appropriate. Posts and discussions intended to criticize or ridicule other members personally are not allowed and will be immediately removed. The same rules apply to comments regarding members of City Council, the City Administration, or the Township of Langley, generally.
- Do not post obscene, vulgar, or otherwise offensive content. Do not display words, information, or images that are vulgar, obscene, graphically violent, graphically sexual, harm minors in any way, exploit images of children, or are otherwise objectionable. This includes URLs of sites that display such words, images, or information.
- Please follow the laws governing copyright and fair use or fair dealing of copyrighted material owned by others. Always get permission from rightful owners of content, logos, photos, and video files.
- Discussions should be transparent, open and honest. Be clear on your role or understanding of a topic.
- Be yourself. Comments and posts using pseudo names may be removed.
- Spam, including advertisements and personal promotions, will be removed.
- Material that advocates illegal activity, or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them will be removed and participation privileges suspended.
- If you see something that bothers you, tell us about it. We will do our best to investigate all complaints and will take action if appropriate. The Township of Langley will be actively monitoring the site, but we may not look at every conversation or media posted. However, if we notice something—or you report something—that we believe violates this code of conduct, we will take appropriate action. We may remove postings, lock postings, provide a warning, or suspend usage to maintain the integrity of the website. Remember that these guidelines are intended to provide a safe forum for all community participants. These guidelines are a work in progress, so please check back often for revisions.